Custom Search

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Surrender - Not So Much Sacrifice

In my devotional today from "At His Feet" by Chris Tiegreen, the following is quoted:

"LIBERATING SURRENDER" - "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." - Matthew 16:24

Chris talks about there are two different attitudes toward this verse.  One of sacrifice and one of surrender.

He makes the point, and I fully agree, we must get past the "pain" of sacrifice and realize the "Liberating Surrender" that comes in following Christ.

I wish time allowed me to just reprint the entire devotion here, however I can't.  Let me leave you with my closing thought and then another quote:

Father, help me to embrace the complete denial of self so that I may fully embrace all of You with complete joy!

"Carry the cross patiently and with perfect submission, and in the end it shall carry you." - Thomas a Kempis

Blessings & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment