Custom Search

Monday, October 3, 2011

Seeking What We Truly Need


Lord, I believe in you: increase my faith.
I trust in you: strengthen my trust.
I love you: let me love you more and more.
I am sorry for my sins: deepen my sorrow.
I worship you as my first beginning.
I long for you as my last end.
I praise you as my constant helper.
~ Clement XI


Jesus said, "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son." ~John 14:13


I John 5:14, "This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us."


Not only do we truly need each point in Clement's prayer, each one is asked in accordance with our Father's will.  God wants us to have ever greater faith, strengthened trust, deeper love for Him and greater depth of sorrow for our sins.


As we grow in His grace, our faith is increased because we continually take steps of faith in obedience to His direction.  Our trust is expanded and grows stronger because we trust and not just trust, but we are learning to trust in Him completely.  God's unimaginable love for us starts to come into focus because we seek to love Him more.  Sorrow for our sins... on such a deep level that only the Holy Spirit can intercede on our behalf, since we can't express the utter shame of our sorrow.


Through this journey as we ask and receive each of the points in this prayer, we see ourselves joining Clement XI.  Worshiping God as our first, last and constant helper.  Drawn to worship in and through the moments of this life.  Thankful to be His through Christ, thankful to share our belief, thankful that even when the day is long, He is our Father and we His children.


Ask and receive, seek and find.  Go ahead and believe God for He has never changed and never will.  He sought us first to provide everything we need.


All we truly need..... HIM!!!


Blessings & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment