Custom Search

Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers:

"God does not keep His child immune from trouble; He promises, “I will be with him in trouble . . .” (Psalm 91:15). It doesn't matter how real or intense the adversities may be; nothing can ever separate him from his relationship to God. “In all these things we are more than conquerors . . .” (Romans 8:37)."

Keeping our eyes on the prize is difficult when things are a little bumpy for some and more so when it seems that "the wheels are coming off" for others. I fall into the first group. When I know without a doubt the fires of trial and tribulation are heating up, I'm all in!

When I've no doubt my experience is the result of spiritual warfare, I'm at the greatest peace and looking to Christ and my Father for the answers and the ultimate solution. I never doubt He will provide and He receives all the glory.

My weakness and short comings are the result of the day to day "minor" stuff, you know life. Just yesterday, my wife's car was having issues and she seemed to me to be coming apart with it. Instead of immediately looking to the cross and laying the whole issue there, I went into the "solution mode" and the "you're making too big a deal out of this mode".

After giving her direction and then waiting for her to arrive so I could investigate, God spoke..... I admit, conviction isn't always pleasant, it IS always right. Apologies and confessions are good and right. Now, the work.

Trusting God in the little things and in all things small and great, this is our work. Maybe you're like me and it's the smaller troubles of life that derail your walk, even for a moment. Or maybe it's the crisis.

Either case, the answer is the same. Our God is big enough for all of what life has to offer. He stands ready to provide everything, great and small we need. Are we ready to "let go and let God"?

He promises to never leave or forsake us. He sees the beginning from the end. He knows you and I better than we'll ever know ourselves. So, be confident that our needs are already met and that the trials will come and go. His purpose IS to complete HIS work and in that, we will become like Christ.

Be BLESSED Always!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment