Custom Search

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Perspective



"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." ~Matthew 11:28-30



"Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is more readily seen."  ~Leonardo DaVinci

I receive several emails every morning for devotions.  Today I received the quotes above from one of these emails.  Soul Care.

As we enter into the 2nd work day of the week, are you already feeling pressure?  Was your Monday filled with demands that set the tone for a week that will seemingly require more than you feel is possible?  Don't give into it, not for a moment!

Look to the source, our only source.  Christ has promised us His yoke.  All we have to do is accept that HE is our power and strength.  Through Him we can overcome and not just overcome, we will live Christ in our jobs and communities.

Looking at the quote from DaVinici, I'm reminded that Christ would OFTEN retreat from everyone to pray.  He needed as we do, the quite solitude encountered when we get alone to pray.  Ever noticed that Christ was the best at leading by example?  Jesus never asked His disciples to do anything He didn't first do.

Learn from Jesus, His yoke is easy and His burden is light.  Gentle and humble is His soul and in Him alone will we find the rest needed.  Rest, renewal and recharging is all found in one singular place....Jesus Christ.

Blessings & Peace
~Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment